Dotted Line is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. Information about our users are collected primarily to enable us to provide useful services to them. Our Policy on collection & usage of personal information follows:
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (2012)
From 2 July 2014, the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) will introduce certain changes to the way in which we may contact you for promotional and marketing messages. These changes will generally not affect informational and service-related messages sent by us (such as purchase updates).
We aim to conduct our business in compliance with the requirements of the PDPA and respect your choices. Your information is collected for us to understand your needs better so that we can improve our services and also the way we communicate with you.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
Dotted Line may collect your personal information when you:
• Purchase our products either in-store or online
• Sign up for our membership programme
• Subscribe to our e-newsletters
• Contact us with a product or service enquiry
• Participate in our contests, surveys, lucky draws and/or other promotional activities
• Visit our website
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The information Dotted Line collects depends on the type of products you purchase. Below are some examples:
• Personal Particulars – This may include NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address and date of birth.
• Your account information – For example, the membership programme you are enrolled in with us or other details related to your account.
• Information on your purchase and use of our products – For example, your purchase history
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Dotted Line may use your information for the following:
• Process your online orders
• Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorized
• Inform you about product products and services updates
• Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys
• Membership matters where applicable
• Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver advertising messages via SMS / MMS, voice, Email or your mailing address with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Dotted Line does not sell or rent your email address to unrelated third parties. External contractors who have access to personal data are required to treat the personal information in a confidential manner.
Dotted Line may share your information with:
• Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver product and services you purchase and use
• Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
• Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating credit card payments
• Research institutions for market analysis purposes
WE RESPECT YOUR CONTACT PREFERENCES
Dotted Line is committed to comply with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging our customers in a more targeted and relevant way.
We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
a. You have given us consent, OR
b. You have not registered with the national DNC Registry, OR
c. The sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
CHANGES IN POLICY
Dotted Line limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and all employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via email. As an added safeguard, dottedlinestore.com does not store credit card information with your registered online profile.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals from us and/or our preferred partners. Kindly note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to continue to provide our products and/or services to you.